Monday-Thursday I am exclusively serving Cochrane High School students' career needs. Outside of school hours, I run a private practice for non-CHS students and adults. Karen Girard, CCDP, CEIP, CPRW, CCC Advanced Certified Passion Test Facilitator
Parents: here’s how you can give your student a head start in their school and career planning!
Students: if you’re feeling lost trying to plan your career, or you don’t want to make a decision you’ll regret, read on! (And if you got here first, share this with your parents!)
Let’s be honest…
Most teens and young adults don’t have a clue what they want to do with the rest of their lives, but they’re expected to make decisions that will impact career and life choices early. Keep doors open to you! Don’t choose an occupation right now, because chances are your choices will change. Answer these questions:
• Do you find that thinking “lifetime” is a bit overwhelming?
• Do you want to make your own decisions
• Do you feel your parents are “pushing” you into something you haven’t chosen for yourself?
•Are you having trouble understanding how to choose a career and need help with career planning?
If you honestly answered, “yes,” then career coaching can help you!
As a career coach with specialized experience working with students, I can help take away the stress in career planning and student job search. This is one of the most important decisions of your life, and I offer you support and expert advice that will help you:
• Make the most important decisions of your life
• Use my 6-step “Recipe” program that breaks the decision making process down into small, manageable steps
• Identify your personal interests strengths, skills and personality to find career options that work
• Use your volunteer and life experiences to build a resume that will get you hired
• Prepare for answering interview questions to help you stand out from other candidates
Why use a student/career coach?
One of the biggest reasons is to save money!
The average college student changes majors at least once – with many changing majors up to 3 times… And 1 in 6 post secondary students will never complete their program!
By learning what career options to pursue BEFORE you enroll or choose a major, you can save a significant amount of money. I can help you make the right choices!
Sign up to receive my complimentary eBook: High School Career Planning Checklists, and get a subscription to my student career-planning newsletter.
You’ll get help with:
• Guided exploration including career assessment and interest testing
• Coaching on how to research jobs to narrow down your options
• What to consider when choosing a career
• Post-secondary advising and planning
For Parents and Students, I have additional services available that include:
• Assistance with course selection to meet career goals and choosing a career path
• One-on-One coaching (contact for availability)
• Writing or reviewing/critiquing resumes
• Coaching for various types of interviews including behaviour-based, face-to-face, telephone, and video interviews
• Job search/Co-op/Internship strategy coaching
I also offer specialised services in Career Planning for Post-Secondary Students. These services include self-assessment and career decision-making, parent webinars, academic and post-secondary selection, scholarship and registration assistance.
Ready to move ahead? Click here